Fall officially came towards the end of September. I only say that because it was the 'First Day of Fall', but have yet to actually witness it. Here is Texas we have had a lot of rain and some cooler days with those rains (and when I say cooler, I mean 80's). But living in Texas, these cool spots of rain are accompanied by hot and uncomfortable humidity, and then another cycle of warm days.
That is until yesterday. We got some crazy rain which followed by 50 degree weather! It was a perfect night for a China Spring High School football game. I was able to come home and put on sweats after the game. I was bundled up with a quilt and a movie on the couch.
Today was a little cloudy with a high of 58! To top it all off, I was able to take some good friends to their Fall Festival at their school. I wore my first jeans, long sleeve shirt, and hoodie of the season. Not to mention, I drank my first hot chocolate as I followed Jacey and Ty around the grounds of their elementary school in Lorena. Of course, on the drive home we used the seat warmers and turned the heater on for the first time!
It has been a perfect weekend to officially kick off the fall season! I am thinking a nice sweater will be nice for church tomorrow. Maybe I will stop and get a pumpkin spice latte from Starbucks on the way. (I have heard a lot about these...)
I am a Cali girl and I LOVE the warm weather, but it is nice to have a little change here. I am looking forward to watching the trees change and some more football games cuddled up in blankets, gloves, and scarves. I am just glad that winter doesn't last too long in Texas!
No comments:
Post a Comment