It has been rumored that we would receive anywhere from 2-6 inches of snow in Waco today. I can't tell you the number of times that I heard it was supposed to snow and we got some hail and some sleet. Today, we actually got snow! It snowed all day and collected quite a few inches on the ground. Being the cool PE teacher I am, I took the kids outside to play in the snow. They had a blast!
All of the kids threw snowballs, and after a while of getting bored with throwing them at each other, they decided to chuck them at me! So I took some revenge. It was the best "dodgeball" we played in a while. This was the beginning of my revenge...
We had an early release and all the kids left at 1:30. Once the kids left for the day, our music teacher and myself took some Xerox boxes and tried to sled down the kills in back of our school. That didn't work out so well, so we decided to make this guy!
With all the snow it was hard to find anything to make the face with, so I had to get creative. A quick trip into the art room got us some erasers for eyes, a pencil for a nose, and some crayons for a mouth. After rummaging through the Lost and Found for a while, I found a hat to complete my first ever snowman!
On the way home, I decided to stop off at Jennifer's to hang out for a little while. We decided to make a trip to Target. I think the best part was the drive over. It was amazing to see all of the white blanketed over everything! There were so many beautiful lawns and creative snowmen along the way.
While at Target, Jen and I were enjoying looking at all of the baby clothes. We decided that Crystal needed something for her new little one she is expecting in October. (We did this with Caleb, so why not keep the tradition, right?!) We found the perfect onesie! Keeping with tradition, we tied the outfit up in a Target bag, left it on her doorstep, knocked and ran like the wind! This time, we bought a second onesie, came back 5 minutes later and did the same thing again! The second time around we waited to see her face.
How perfect are these shirts??? (One says, "I *heart* my Aunt" and the other says, "My Aunt Rocks") We hung out and talked for a little while. I saw the Robinson's trampoline and just had to jump!
It was really hard, and really fun! The kids watched in awe, and then we had our own fun throwing snowballs, making snow angels, and playing around! How cute are these kids???
I have the best friends in the world!! I am such a lucky girl! This snow day is exactly what I needed. Whether I get anything else done today, I am so glad I got to have the fun I did this afternoon. The time I spent with 'my family' this afternoon was the best thing ever!
I had a blast too! What a beautiful and fun day to spend with best friends!!
ReplyDelete