Well, it all started in the middle of October . My Sunday School class as a get-together carved pumpkins. We had a blast and I think mine turned out pretty cute. You can't go wrong with a simple version of a classic Jack 0' Lantern face.
All of the pumpkins turned out great! We had a really fun time together. There are some very talented/creative folks in my class as well.
On Halloween night, my Sunday School class dressed up and headed back to the church for our Annual Harvest Hoedown. We had some very fun costumes including the Black-Eyed Peas, a Wheaties box, the Nose Brothers, and more. These guys are SO fun!
My costume was a hit...and every one was so happy when they found me.
I had worn my costume to school the day before. At the elementary school we could dress up as our favorite character from a book. I was so disappointed with the amount of kids who 1.) didn't recognize Waldo right away, and 2.) didn't know who Waldo was. I had numerous kids ask me if I was Santa Claus. Yep, that's me the classic Santa with a striped shirt, sportin' his blue jeans and black-rimmed glasses. Hey...where are my cookies?!
It was all worth it, however, on Saturday night at the Harvest Hoedown. I was working the face painting booth and a fireman (a real fireman) came up to me holding his son dressed as Superman. The little boy must have been no older than a year, or a year and a half. Here's how our conversation went:
Fireman: "Hey, Waldo! Superman here wanted me to tell you hi."
Me: "Hi, Superman!"
Little Superman: (in his sweetest, little one year voice) "Hi, Waldo!"
Fireman: "He was looking for you in a book just a few days ago."
That little comment totally made my night!
I hope you had a safe and fun Halloween like I did. And, if you have little kiddos...take them to the library and check out some Where's Waldo books. They are classic!

No comments:
Post a Comment