I LOVE Christmas time and yet I only have 3 weeks?! I mean...do I bother to decorate the apartment to only enjoy it for 21 days? And, of those 21 days, I am involved in about 54 different things which keeps me away from home. (Ok, not that many, but I am not far off.) I feel refreshed from a glorious 9 day break and yet I find myself in the blocks at the starting line of a race! Not just any race, no. It can't be the marathon where I enjoy the scenery of the yuletide season, as I pace myself towards the holidays. No! This is the 100 m dash. The finish line is so close and while it would be nice to be done with this race, I don't want it to be over that fast! Not to mention the sprinting! The effort that is put into going that fast!!
School started today. I leave for a 3 day conference in Arlington Thursday morning. I return to full day rehearsals for the Christmas program. Followed by a 20 hour course I need to take on Bus Driving Safety. (Did I mention that class is Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday nights from 6-10pm, with an 8-5 course on Saturday?!) The following weekend will be our Christmas Program (Waco Christmas Celebration)-- four performances over 2 days, and oh, 6 to midnight rehearsals nights leading up to the performances. Which quickly brings me to the last week of school. The week where I usually enjoy doing Christmas activities with the kids, pack to go home, and finish some Christmas shopping. Well, this year that week is multiplied with packing all of the PE equipment, including my office, to get ready to move to the new Intermediate School that will be opening when I return from the break.
When do I get to enjoy the Christmas parties with my friends before I leave??? I mean, I do have a fabulous 2.5 year old "niece" and a 2 year old "nephew" that need to open some gifts from their Aunt Kelly before she jets to Cali for 2 weeks. I mean, this is the first year where they really understand that there is something good in those red and green boxes! I am not even thinking about the Baylor Christmas Tree Lighting that I will be missing with my small group. (I am so bummed about that!) This is a busy time of year, but a wonderful time of year, and I just hope that I get to enjoy it...breathe in the Christmas air, taste the cookies and feasts, listen as those sleigh bells ring, deck those dusty halls, and journey to the manger and remember what all this is really about. I hope that same wish for all of you!
Merry Christmas!!
No comments:
Post a Comment