The first couple weeks back to school have been good and getting back into the swing of things have gone smoothly. Here are few stories of funny things that have happened and some things that I have said that might have come out a little out of context. :)
What I said: I don't want to coach, I would rather go to prison!
What I should have said: I don't want to coach softball on that weekend, I would rather
go to the prison trip with my church.
What I said: Boys, drop your balls and don't play with them while I am talking.
What I should have said: Boys, drop your basketballs and give me your attention while
I am talking.
Now, I leave you with this. I have had many experiences teaching 5th and 6th grade. They really are a different breed! They are good kids and they make me laugh. Like the other day, for example...
Two 6th graders came into the gym for PE. One of these students was one of my hard-to-manage, annoying-to-all students. Let's call him Blake. The other one was a popular, everyone-loves-me student. Let's call him Lane. Blake comes in bouncing all-around getting on Lane's nerves. Lane turns to him and says, "You're an immature, butt-sniffing, fart-knocker!" Blake proceeds to turn around, grab his butt cheeks, and move them as if they are talking. Lane says, "See that's exactly what I am talking about." Me, being the stellar teacher that I am, can't hold back my laughter, so I smile and turn away. As I walk away to gather myself, Lane says, "See, even she agrees with me!" I still don't know what exactly I should have said there...but anyway the story still makes me laugh.
I will share more stories, as I come across them. I hope these made you laugh for know...
No comments:
Post a Comment